On the 7th July 2007 (07.07.07) a huge party was held to celebrate Tony's 70th birthday.
The guests arrived dressed as characters from the James Bond books and moveis to be greeted by two beautiful ladies on stilts offering champagne and nibbles!
The evening was action packed with entertainment by a live band, solo singers, a fire dance and eating act (the Fireflies), and a comedy routine performed by Tony's offspring entitled 'Sibling Rivelry'.
The guests enjoyed a vegan buffet and were all given free chips to play on the in-house casino.
Tony and Joyce were married in Blackpool on 27th May 1961. They have three children, Darren, David and Alison. After leaving Blackpool they moved around the country with Tony’s work, residing in Cheshire, Yorkshire and Warwickshire. They recently spent two years spliiting their lives between living in a sea front apartment in Italy and the UK, they have now settled back full time into their secluded cottage next to the Stratford Canal near Henley in Arden,
GMC is run by Tony Guy who has over 40 years experience as a director and senior manager in the automotive, foundry and executive furniture industries of which over 25 years were as an independent consultant. He works where he can implement his recommendations, often starting with a project and then as an interim manager.
GMC work mainly in the manufacturing
and associated industries and specialises in all aspects of the introduction of 'World Class Manufacturing' which entails a great deal of training and culture change at management. staff and shop floor levels. They are one of the few who have actually introduced and operated a "lean manufacturing company. GMC master minds these changes and leaves a management team able to continue their newfound success and continue to increase profits.
Tony joined the 20th Blackpool Cub Scout Group aged 7 where he was a Senior Sixer, and achieved the Leaping Wolf and 10 proficiency badges
He then went on to join a Scout group and then Senior Scouts, he has spent most of his life very involved in the scouts.
· 1958 - 1963, Assistant Scout Leader, Blackpool, Lancashire West
- · 1963 - 1965, Venture Scout Leader, Blackpool, Lancashire West
- · 1965 - 1966, Assistant District Commissioner, Flyde District, Lancashire Wes
- · 1968 - 1969, Assistant District Commissioner, Cheshire County
- · 1970 - 1972, County Public Relations Officer, East Lancashire
- · 1976 - 1983, Assistant County Commissioner, Warwickshire
- · 1983 - 1999, A.C.C. Community Dev. Warwickshire
- · 1999 - 2009, County Chairman, Warwickshire
- · 2009- Present, Deputy County Chairman
- · 2010 – Present, Scout Active Support Manager